Creative arts can provide an avenue for students to explore their talents and interests. Students will experience unique learning opportunities in visual arts, music, drama and dance that will invite them to make, appreciate, perform, organise, listen and compose.
Our passionate teaching staff develop engaging and innovative learning experiences that inspire students to be confident and creative learners and to reach their expressive potential.
Students at Mount St Patrick Primary School are encouraged to:
- strengthen their practical skills in an art form
- immerse themselves in a dynamic creative environment
- think critically about the arts
- find new ways of tackling creative challenges.
Students participate in a wide range of opportunities for learning and excellence in performance, exhibitions and creativity, such as:
- In addition to the school having a specialised Music teacher who delivers a 40-minute music lesson each week to all classes, the following is also available:
- Opportunities for extra-curricular activities in music are available to students. These include:
- School Choir.
- School Band (Beginning & Intermediate) –students are able to be part of the school band. The school has purchased some instruments, including clarinets, saxophones, trumpets, trombones and flutes. Parents are able to rent these for the year these instruments. Students who rent these instruments become part of the band. The band, under the guidance of our band teacher, meets once a week. All students in the band also attend a 30-minute tutorial lesson each week.
- Strings Group – students are able to be part of the strings group. Students who rent a violin become part of the string ensemble. Parents are able to rent violins from the school for the year.
- External Tutors – students are able to access external tutors for instruments such as guitar and drum line.
- Mount St Patrick Primary School has a specialist Art teacher who delivers a 40-minute music lesson each week to all classes. Our school also participates in the Les Peterkin Art competition each year.
- Mount St Patrick Primary School has a specialist Art teacher who delivers a 40-minute music lesson each week to classes. Each class participates in a specialist drama lesson for one semester during the year.
- Students at Mount St Patrick Primary School have an opportunity to represent our school at the Tweed Catholic Primary Schools Public Speaking Competition. Each year, all students are to present a speech on any unspecified topic to their class. Two students are then selected from each Stage level to represent our school at the Tweed Catholic Primary Schools Public Speaking Competition.